Lyrics you SHOULD live by (top 10)
1. ‘Don’t criticise what you can’t understand’
Certainly words to live by. People are fast to jump to conclusions and make snap decisions. But next time, dig a little deeper before you make up your mind.
2. ‘It’s always darkest before the dawn’
Yes it is, Florence. Sometimes it’s very hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it is most definitely there! If you can hang on through the hard times, the good are on their way.
3. ‘you don’t always have to hold your head higher than your heart’
This is a hard pill to swallow; especially if you’re used to weighing up your options, thinking long and hard about the decisions you make and listing the pros and cons. A lot of us live in fear of looking like idiots if we jump head first into something. But chances are, your heart can know what’s good for you too. If it feels right, it probably is.
4. ‘you gotta roll with it’
One of Oasis’ better pieces of advice. Forget about things you can’t change, life isn’t going to stop. Just go with it!
5. ‘the past won’t rest until we jump the fence and leave it behind’
It’s tricky to let things go, sometimes we don’t want to lose things that at one time were so important. But, keeping hold of these things can make it hard to find new treasures and make new memories. And remember, you don’t clear out your brain; you make room!
6. ‘you’ll turn out fine – but you gotta keep your head up. Then you can let your hair down.’
Work hard, play hard.
7. ‘Now don’t you understand? I’m never changing who I am’
Everyone grows. But it’s important not to lose yourself.
8. ‘Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right’
People can be cold, but don’t let it get the better of you. Eventually, karma does its job and people will ruin themselves. Don’t destroy your own karma in the process. Be good to the people you love and you’ll get back what you give.
9. ‘I’d like to think the best of me is still hiding up my sleeve’
Don’t underestimate yourself. Ever.
10. ‘Don’t you worry what their bitter hearts are going to say’
Try not to let other people’s opinions bother you. It’s easier said than done. But once you find the secret to blocking out the idiots… it makes life so much better.
Written by Aimee S. – Send her a tweet here: @mai_styles